Bird Foot sock, I mean, bag

I eliminated 2 UFOs this week as part of my 2008 resolutions:

1. I ripped out a hat project that ran out of hand spun yarn (since I did not have any more roving or yarn). I didn't even bother to take a picture of it.

2. I finished my "Bird Foot"! This was a SOTM sock kit from Red Bird Knits. I love the design and will make the socks in the future, but my gauge was way too tight on this start (I started back in 2006). It was too pretty to rip out, so...

And I found some fun fabric for the lining:

It's just the right size for my keys, phone, and Shuffle.

Here are the details:
Pattern: "Bird Foot" by Red Bird Knits (a sock pattern)
Yarn: Schachenmayr nomotta Regia Color 4-ply
Color: Varigated Orange (#4728) and black
Required Gauge: 8.5 st/inch; My gauge: 10.5 st/inch
Recommended Needles: US 0 or 1 / 2 or 2.5 mm (I used 2 circ US1/2.5mm, should have used US2)
Comments: Beautiful pattern. I followed the Chart 1 to rnd 65 and then grafted the stitches to close the bottom of the bag. I made a 4-st Icord 42 inches long (107 cm). Then I added a quick fabric liner so my keys wouldn't get stuck in the stranding. I am very happy with the outcome and will make the actual socks later.

I love clearing projects off my needles!


peaknits said...

What a great choice for the lining - it was "meant" to go in this gorgeous bag - perfect!

Angela said...

Thank you!